Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cute Fabrics

There is something about the colors from the 1930's and 1940's that I am drawn to.  I just love the fabrics from that time.  Here are some that I like!

This one reminds me of bubbles...The tone of green is gorgeous!  Its a fun pattern.



I like the blue background.  Very cheerful.  No gloominess here!  A summer dress made of this material would be sweet!



Tiny geometrics with tiny roses.  I can see this as cafe curtains tied with red ribbon in a retro red kitchen.  It would give the room a cozy feminine feel.  Laying on the kitchen table are the cooking tools with red wooden handles.



2 comments:

  1. ...love love love the 'bubble fabric'!...and the summer dress of tiny flora is sweet, I agree. The tiny geometric with flora is very cottage, and I like the idea of red ribbon as tab ties or even as tie backs. ...sweet sweet fabric. Thank you for posting them!

    yours truly,

    a bonafide fabriholic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I just love the color palette of the 30s and 40s...I am dying to do a quilt in their honor!

    ReplyDelete